Here's an interesting series of books I have been reading, in order as I read them, because they have had, will have, HUGE effects on my thinking.
1) Bit Rot (short stories & essays) by Douglas Coypland (Random House, Canada, 2016)
2) Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari (Vintage Books, London, 2011)
3) Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason Science, Humanism, and Progress by Steven Pinker (Viking, 2018)
4) Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari (Signal , M&S, 2015)
5) Bit Rot again: I re-read it in the light of what I learned from the other books - in that order. The first part of Deus deals with Pinker's humanism. Now I have, as I said, a lot of thinking to do.
What a revelation! or: What revelations!! I'm pretty clear in my mind where I am going, but I have to re-align my thoughts in order to present them clearly. Be patient with me. I'll try.